Friday, December 6, 2013

Recycled and Re-purposed Jewelry Spices Things Up


I'm having such fun discovering new types of jewelry to amuse myself. Right now, I'm all agog about recycling and re-purposing jewelry.

Last month, I snagged some donated and unwanted jewelry at the Gardiner Library. Not much to look at, but I thought I might have some use for it. When I got home, I rummaged through some other discarded jewelry given to me over the years, and I saw some possibilities for combinations.

So... into the bath they all went. You'd be amazed how dirty old jewelry can be! Once spiffed up, I took it all apart and began the process of reconstituting things.  Sweet!

Love this one. Cat's eyes, a beautiful large shell, some silver borders and a lot of dangles. I can hardly wait to see who wants to walk away with it.



And then there's one with dark polished wood combined with some paper beads I made earlier this fall.




Still on the theme (and using some of the same beads), I ended up with a wood pendant combined with more paper beads.


I can't wait to see what old jewelry I'll come across next. Let me know if you have any jewelry you don't want anymore. Who knows how it will turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment